Monday, July 16, 2007

Making Cardio NOT feel like CARDIO

Is there a secret to making cardio NOT as daunting a task as we think it is???? In my opinion, YES!!!!!!!! To get my cardio in each day, I have to: MAKE IT FUN, KEEP IT INTERESTING, CHALLENGE MYSELF and most importantly, I cannot have a clock to look it.......that makes it feel like it's never going to end........
So, I hide the clock, and just go for it. Each day I try and run SLIGHTLY faster, walk at maximum incline for a FEW more seconds, pedal at the harderst resistance 30 seconds more than yesterday. The workouts also SEEM to go faster when you break it into minute or 2 min. intervals. Basically it comes down to CONTINUALLY Challenging myself. I think, WOW, I can do a little bit more.....watch this, there I go..... Before I know it, I've finished my workout, surpassed my previous goals & am drenched in sweat (the ultimate goal) :)
That's my answer to making it through the sometimes TOUGH cardio sessions. Tell yourself you love it.......eventually you'll believe it!
****
Now..........on the days that none of the above works, I just think about the tiny suit I have to rock on stage in less than 10 weeks.....that's some motivation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha
****
MONDAY=LEGS
Off to train!!!!!!

p.s. OH MY: The other way I get through my cardio?? MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My current FAV: Rhianna's new CD tracks 1-5 gets me about half way thru. (the whole CD rocks, the first 5 are more dancy, though)
I can't believe I almost forgot to mention music as my motivator. Geezzzzzzzzz

2 comments:

EM :) said...

Thanks for your comment Laurie!!! Thought you might like this entry.
Hey, My best friend from Denver is visiting me this weekend!!! I'll have to show her parts of Washington that are as beautiful as Colorado!!!

Laurie said...

I did like it, thanks!!!! I just don't have that kind of time, but I agree with challenging yourself to do a little faster/harder/longer than before (wow that sounds sort of pervy if you don't konow we're talking about cardio :) I've got a good challenge going now till my knees give out then I'll have to find something else to do. I'm with you on the music too - I'm always looking for new tunes, I'll have to listen to your suggestion. I'm a hard rock girl at heart but always open for anything that gets the blood pumping so I've got some hiphop, pop, country on my MP3 too just to mix it up.

Shouldn't be too hard to find beautiful parts of WA!! (My favorite always have to visit place is Northwest Trek - that place is so cool!)