Thursday, July 19, 2007

Lifting in the AM

Morning Cardio: Check!
Morning Lift Session (back): Check!
Happy about it?: NOPE (the lifting, that is)
I Love love love my morning cardio sessions. I feel tired and half asleep ALL morning if I don't do it. It's totally worth getting up early for! :)
As far as lifting in the morning, before work........TOTALLY not a fan. I haven't done it before, so I thought I'd give it a try since I didn't work until 10 today. I am pooped. I simply cannot lift heavy and then go to work (my work is physical, mind you). I thought it'd be nice to have cardio & lifting finished, so after work I would be done. I take that back, I MUCH prefer cardio, work, THEN lifting in the afternoons. I like maxing out my muscles, then coming home and being lazy the rest of the evening......not today, I still have class & gymnastics ahead of me......not cool.
Anyway, that's just my personal opinion on lifting. Thought I'd give it a go, and now I know why I save it for later. Luckily today was a shorter work day! :)
Off to nap!!!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Do it all, early, early, early. Later and I'm just tired and unmotivated. Can't lift as heavy in the evening and if I do cardio, I can't fall asleep, I'm just wired.