Thursday, March 6, 2008

KILLER SPRINT/INTERVAL

So, day before yesterday (same day I announced my retirement! haa) I had TONS of morning energy, so I wanted to 'test' myself. Here was my workout. I'm attempting to do it again tomorrow. Again, I don't know what got into me, but I felt extra energetic. I'll let ya know if I make it thru again, tomorrow morn! :)
(Not much of a warm-up. So don't pay attention to that. I was just ready to go!!!)
Incline Speed
1% 4.0mph
2% 6.0mph
3% 4.0mph
4% 6.0mph
5% 4.0mph
6% 6.0mph
7% 4.0mph
8% 6.0mph
9% 4.0mph
10% 5.8mph
11% 4.0mph (once I get to where I can't keep up, don't worry, I hold on!)
12% 5.6mph
13% 4.0mph
14% 5.0mph
15% 4.0mph
Each of those were one minute interval. Then.....i worked my way back down, same way I worked my way up. I was drenched, I was huffing and puffing, but DANG it felt good! if I couldn't make it a full minute sprinting, I'd just go 40-45 sec. and walk the extra 15 sec.

Does this workout make sense the way I wrote it out?
It was a doozy!!!
Much love~
EM

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds tough! 4mph at 15% incline is a huge challenge. Thats a booty workout!

You and your fiances picture is really good. You two look good together.

Krissa

Anonymous said...

Well what did get into you to give you energy??? Probably carbs!!!

~C.

Jessica said...

Em -
Yeah! what a workout! Sounds awesome! I do a very similar workout myself when I am trying to bust it (which I am right now).
Keep on rockin it sister!
Jess