Friday, February 22, 2008

PB

No........get your mind out of the gutter that's not Peanut Butter. :) ha ha ha ha
It stands for personal best. Although I don't think it's REALLY my personal best, because it wasn't a one rep max, but ANYWAY: I single-arm pressed a 40 lb. dumbbell during my shoulder workout last night and I was pretty psyched!!! :) I do them single arm (while standing & holding on to an upright seat for balance) because I like the isolation. I got nice and warm, esp. thru the rotator cuff muscles, and then started with 30's, felt strong, moved it up, and moved it up again. I'm thinking I could do more but would certainly need a spot! :) I use different gloves when I do shoulder work. I use the ones that wrap around your wrist, too, keeping it in neutral position which is a big saver! Anyway, I felt really good and after that I did a handstand against the wall (belly facing the fall) and alternated hands--I brought one arm up to the quad, held it, switched, and then did just quick hand lifts. Reallllllly killed the shoulders. Yup, finished the work with 5 lb. plates doing front/lat. lifts and could barely lift my arms. SUCCESS!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)
So, I know that weight to some may be easy & to some it may be hard, that's why it's called MY PERSONAL best! :) :)
Off to the gym for some stairs & boot camp. Yeahhh, great way to end your week!
Much Love~
EM
Yesterdays' song of the day: Janet Jackson Feedback. Oh please, have you seen this video? I LOVE her dance skills. Seriously, you-tube it! :)

5 comments:

O' Natur Nail said...

just wanted to say HI. love your blog, keep kicking butt!!

Laurie said...

Congrats!!!! I want Janet Jackson Black Cat, but I can't find it to download. Will have to checkout the one you mention.

April said...

I was totally thinking peanut butter! :) Great job!

Jessica said...

Em -
This is awesome! Seriously. I love setting personal bests! WOO HOO! I have done it on bench press and it makes me feel amazing! When I hit a new weight I am literally walking around the gym telling people. I am dork. You rock. Keep it up chica! :)) This is especially awesome since you are dieting down.
Me

Anonymous said...

I love the new Janet Jackson song! I just downloaded it to my I pod and another good one is Dont stop the music by Rianna! Keep up the good work! I am routing for you:)
Megan