Monday, June 11, 2007

115 Dumbbell Press

So, yes, this is MY blog, but, today I feel compelled to share the success of my significant other, Gene. He's been busting out some tough workouts himself, and today he surpassed his dumbbell press record. He usually does 105's (in each hand, obviously.) Well, TODAY he had 115 in each hand, and pumped it out!!!!!!! It was pretty outstanding!!!!! :)
I was doing my own Shoulder work, and just happened to be watching him & his lifting partner. So, anyway, I got to see him do it, and I'm just really proud of him because he's working SO hard and making some serious gains!

Shoulder work went well! My legs are super sore from Saturdays workout. I now know what's working for legs.....I think.......:)
This morning I did the 8th consecutive day of AM cardio. Yeahhhh!
I have a friend from Utah, Kate, who is competing this weekend in Chicago for Junior Nationals!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!! She's looking GREAT and should qualify for nationals in Figure. She's sooooo close!!! I'll post competition pix if she's cool with that!
She sure inspires me to stay on track!!!! It's been awesome corresponding with her and a few other competitors! Kind of the Insiders point of view! :)

2 hours until bed, and I'll eat again in an hour.

2 comments:

erinperez said...

Way to go Uncle Gene!

Laurie said...

Wow!! I never even see that end of the rack with those huge suckers!!! Congrats!