Thursday, February 14, 2008

LOW CARBS?? Or just an airhead for the day??

Alright. I've heard some funny pre contest prep stories from fellow competitiors. Like, dropping things (keys, EGGS) locking yourself out of the house/car....funny.
Had my own day before yesterday.
I'd just finished a BOMB leg workout with cardio and had to hit the grocery store before I went home to get Eggs, water & green beans (sound inticing??)
Well, I didn't want to bring my purse in so I just grabbed my little black pouch (koks) that holds my Id, debit cards, business cards. Simple, right?
Well, I buy eggs in a huge cardboard box (like 60 eggs I think) and had 2 gallon sized water jugs, and plus the green beans (STAY WITH ME, AM I LOSING YOU, YET?)

Long story short, I payed, threw the wallet in the bag (with the greenbeans) because my hands were full & headed out.

The next day, I'm on bodybuilding.com to order supps and I, for the life of me, COULD NOT FIND MY WALLET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh. Freakin out. Dumped my purse out. Looked thru my car, did it fall between the seats? I almost called the grocery store.

Then........I Remember......My damn wallet is with the green beans, which I haphazardly chucked into the freezer right when I got home. Obviously, All I was worried about when I got home was EATING!!!!!! :o)

ANYWAY, I REALLY got a kick out of myself. I thought, wow, that's pretty funny! :)

So, there you have it, I hope you made it to the end of the story. And I hope to you it's as funny as it was for me. :)

HAPPY Valentine's DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MUCH LOVE~
EM

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uncanny! You know I left my black pouch thingy that holds all my cards (debit, business cards, coffee punch cards) at GNC yesterday! I realized it when I went online to buy some body fat calipers! The day before that, I took the child and the dog to the school grounds to play after school and lost my keys (which are attached to a telephone cord thingy that goes around my wrist). The bad part was that it was my son's birthday and my wedding band was on my keychain. (because it cuts into my finger at the gym during pullups) So we had to walk home and came back to search to no avail the next day someone had turned them in at the office. Then today after the 5K I stopped at the grocery store and when the bagger was taking my cart out to my car for me (that's the way they do it on military bases) I had her walking all over the place, because I couldn't remember where I parked! Does this mean that I am precontest too???

~C.

(wasn't trying to one up you....just letting you know that I feel better knowing that I am not the ONLY flake out there)

Jessica said...

Em -
Loved this story! My best story from carb depletion:
Put the dog leash in the mailbox and put the mail where the dog leash goes. Not cool. And pretty funny. I did some other stuff too but that was the BEST! :)
I left lots of things in the micro - could barely communicate. Not cool.
Hope you are well chica!
Jess

Jessica said...

I see....you are approving comments now after that wanker left a spam post! Not cool for people to do that! Good for you! :)
Jess

Jessica said...

These stories are awesome!!! :) Should we all write a book!
Jess

Anonymous said...

I am definintely not pre-contest so I don't know what my excuse is, but I swear sometimes if you have other things on the mind (like eating NOW I can relate to) you just lose it! I told you how when I was driving back from GC a couple weekends ago I somehow ended up on the totally wrong highway -- lost in BFN western Kansas. And don't even get me started on all the random places I've left my cell phone-- that thing tends to disappear into thin air!!!